Monday, September 26, 2005
Sunday, September 25, 2005
But today, there was something particular about the LiveLinks commercial that caught my eye. A person who looked suspiciously liked Evangeline Lilly was doing her best to convince me that chatting live would be the best idea right now.
My first thought: "That woman looks like Evangeline, whose name is like mine, only longer."
My second thought: "It's probably her not-famous sister or something."
3rd: "Or something..."
Etc.: "Nope, that's her. Evan!"
"Uh. Maybe I better not think her name like that. I'm kinda weirding myself out."
"Wow. She is so much hotter since she decided not to eat as much."
Then I called the number and we talked for a while. We're going to play skeeball next weekend.
Saturday, September 24, 2005
I think everyone is pretty clear at this point about how drunken hijinx work.
I'm not clear yet on if I won or lost a bet for some peeps. At this juncture, all that is clear is that I'm a drunk-looking snufflelufflegass (sp). I wonder what I was drinking? Probably whiskey. And that's how Rachel Yingling turned whatever age she turned.
Thursday, September 22, 2005
I really like Lost. But it turns out it's just the next wave in Chinese world domination.
So, you know those numbers, right? 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42=108? And 108 was in a picture of the sun (a star) on a mural in the hatch? That's the easy part!
I knew I had seen that total used as an important story point before, and wouldn't ya know it, the 108 Stars of Destiny is the crew in Suikodens I-IV. That's hardcore. Some further reading on the subject divulged some fun facts.
- The original novel was written in the 14th century in China and was titled Shuihu Zhuan (Japanese: Suikoden).
- It's about 108 rebel bandits.
- The bandits lived in the marshes near the mountain of Liangshan, and the story was published in the West as The Water Margin.
- The novel is organized very similar to TV soap operas.
Sunday, September 18, 2005
And in the lighter side of the news, here's how I am in love:
- You fall in love quickly and easily. And very often.
- You give and take equally in relationships.
- You need your space and privacy. You don't like to be smothered.
- You're secretly hoping your partner will change for you.
- You stay in love for a long time, even if you aren't loved back. When you fall, you fall hard.
Saturday, September 17, 2005
This guy's really funny. He'll straight up do ANYTHING when he's trashed.
I don't even know who's making fun of who here. We're both so sly like that.
Hentai! Woot! (Ryan loves hentai).
And there was this THONG that kept showing up in the photos last night. It was really funny. You should come over and check it out.
P.S. If I made out with your girlfriend last night, I'm sorry.
P.P.S. Not really.